February 02, 2011

Study day

I just do not get it, it is the middle of the week and my daughter has a study day and not just any study day, it is teachers study day, I just do not get it.
Just about every day of the week my daughter is sent home with homework, homework is work she is sent home with so she can study right? so if my daughter has to study at home why can't the teachers as well? Ok there is also a few days in the year my daughter has a study day but it has nothing to do with study it is just another day free where kids run wild in the streets.
When I was at school we never had a study day, if we had so many days free like my daughter I would have never learnt a thing!!!
Ok I am rambling on about nothing, it is I just do not get it and why does a study day have to fall in the middle of the week, it is hard enough to find someone to look after the kids when I am at work, and my work hours are within the school hours, I planned it that way so I would never need a babysitter and then they throw a study day in the middle of the week with only a few days warning, you ever tried to ask your boss for a day free in the middle of the week at the last minute? yeah it is not pretty!!!
Well the kids are at grandma's and I have managed to get half the day free so I guess it all worked out, I should make the kids actually study lol lets rain on thier parade!

No comments: