December 28, 2010

One down

As you can see with this blog entry I survived Christmas and it is now a matter of hanging in there and living through New Years.
The kids had an amazing time with Christmas, it was the first Christmas with my new man and all of our kids together, we have a total of three between us. My mans kids have never had a Christmas like I have every year.
Here in The Netherlands they have Sinterklaas, he comes from Spain and he gives good kids some gifts, that is pretty much it. My daughter was raised with both Sinterklaas and Santa and for her Christmas is much bigger and more important.
A few weeks before Christmas I overheard my daughter telling the other 2 kids all about Christmas and how they should send Santa a letter and wish list, The 2 kids said how thier mother said Santa was not real and my godness my daughters eyes bugged out of her head and her jaw dropped on the ground, it took her a long time to explain everthing and in the end the kids decided to gie this Santa guy a go.
The step kids have not stopped talking about how amazing Christmas is and that Santa is the coolest guy ever!
Now time to rest and get into the new year with this smile on my face.

No comments: