January 07, 2007

That's how the cookie crumbles

ohh I am starting to really dislike how life goes.
last year I was in so much debt and worked my arse off to make extra money and pay the debts off, I got all the debts out of the way except the mortgage and car loan.
With some money I had saved I paid off the last loan, it was money put aside for a new kitchen, I have wanted one for years, the one I have now is falling apart, but I never seen a kitchen I liked.
Yes you guessed it, this weekend I seen a kitchen I feel in love with and yup, no money left to pay for it.
You know the saying, put it aside for a rainy day ? Well it was a rainy day and I got none of the green stuff (well multi-coloured stuff here in the Netherlands)
I feel great I have no debt (so to say, mortgage seems a natural debt)
Now all I have to figure out is how to raise 1,900euro in about 14 days, this is without working in Amsterdam on a corner at night!
Well you can all help by buying a necklace from my webpage or check out my new blog.
**chuckles** Dreams keep us alive right ?
Now if I repeat that enough I shall believe it!

6 comments:

Oklahoma Girl said...

Good luck with the kitchen. Just stopped by from Dr John's to say hello. Nice site.

Blessed be...

EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

It always amazes me how well the Dutch speak English. Really nice blog! If you want to exchange links let me know.

Anonymous said...

You will manage girly! But errr... When you get the kitchen, you DO make me breakfast one day right? :-)

Oh, and EuroYank? Read her intro... I quote: "Who is Tracey(Shy)? A crazy Aussie..." And read the rest of her blog. She's got some good writing going on here!

And yes, I AM Dutch ;-)

Margaret said...

Dreams are great! What a wonderful place to be though, without the worry and burden of debt that you had a year ago. That accounts for a whole lot.

Plus by this time next year you may just find a kitchen that you love even better than this one. Or this one will be on sale to make room for the newer models.

Keep on dreaming! Dr. John says that to me a lot. Either to encourage me or let me know I'm full of bologna.

jafabrit said...

I am another one dr.john sent your way and I say, thank heavens for dreams.

Hope you get your dream kitchen one of these days.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Just stopping by from Dr John's. He has made you his Link for the Day.

I hope you get your Kitchen you want.